|Raised Garden Bed Lumber||
4 feet wide X 12 feet long X 16 inches high, 4 feet wide X 12 feet long X 16 inches high with top edge finish board, 4 feet wide X 8 feet long X 16 inches high, 4 feet wide X 8 feet long X 16 inches high with top edge finish board
Raised Garden Beds
$95.00 – $155.00
Raised Garden Beds
- great for growing small plots of veggies and flowers
- keep pathway weeds from your garden soil
- prevent soil compaction
- provide good drainage
- serve as a barrier to pests such as slugs and snails
- keep your valuable garden soil from being eroded or washed away during heavy rains
- gardeners are able to plant earlier in the season because the soil is warmer and better drained when it is above ground level
- reduce back strain when bending over to tend the bed
- anyone with mobility problems or disabilities can garden comfortably
- gardeners can sit on the edge of the bed while weeding
At Nova Tree, we supply all the components –
2″ hemlock lumber, larch corner posts, and metal fasteners.
The most popular sizes:
- 4 feet wide X 8 feet long X 16″ high
- 4 feet wide X 8 feet long X 16″ high with a finish board on the top edge
- 4 feet wide X 12 feet long X 16″ high
- 4 feet wide X 12 feet long X 16″ high with a finish board on the top edge
Other sizes and heights available, call or email for pricing.
Assembly required, but only a drill, bit and basic carpentry skills needed.
Soil not included, but we can recommend suppliers.
Some tips for successful gardening in raised beds:
- Fill with soil that drains well and contains lots of organic matter
- Locate in an area that has at least 8 hours of sunlight daily
- If installing on weedy ground, it may be helpful to put a barrier between the weeds and the new soil, such as landscape fabric, a layer of cardboard, or several layers of newspapers to keep the weeds from making their way up into the new bed.